Home owners tree report
You have a duty of care to ensure your trees are safe
Under the Occupiers Liability Act 1957 and 1984 you have a duty of care to ensure your trees are safe. Ignorance is, seldom, any protection! Statute law does not require the tree owner to maintain completely safe trees, and it is certainly not practical or possible to inspect each tree on a daily basis. The duty only requires the tree owner and those responsible for them “to take reasonable care”.
Tree Surveys prepare reports where:
- Trees pose a threat to a third party.
- Trees exhibit structural signs of decline.
- Required by lenders before they finalise mortgages.
- Required by insurance companies.
- Trees are implicated as the cause of subsidence.
- Support is required in tree related disputes.
Reports are produced in a consistent format, are clear and concise offering advice and recommendations on practical vegetation management, Tree Surveys can:
- Draw up a Tree Safety Policy for owners and their agents.
- Carry out Tree Hazard Assessment surveys.
- Recommend remedial works.
- Capture information digitally.
- Carry out chlorophyll testing.
- Prepare tenders and manage tree work contracts.
Unlike most companies offering home-owner tree reports, Tree Surveys do not carry out tree surgery work, therefore have no incentive to specify non-essential work.